This tool is well made, but I paid extra for Edge because they used to manufacture products in California, and I prefer to buy US made products. This item is actually made in China, and if I'd known that I would probably have bought the cheaper copy from China. This frustrates me because even though I'm prepared to pay more for US made goods, this manufacturer has outsourced its products, which will make me think twice before purchasing from them again. I'm certain there are many craftsmen like myself that will always pay more for quality, so I think Edge has made a bad business decision in this instance.
Vise Jaw Stop 14-000
The Vise Jaw Stop by Edge Technology is the most advanced jaw stop to date. It features a micro stop rod that is positioned below the top surface of the vise jaws for cutter clearance. The stop rod is also adjustable side-to-side to allow space between the unit and the workpiece for even more cutter clearance.
- The stop pin is positioned completely below the top surface of vise jaw to allow for cutter clearance.
- 1/8" x 2" hardened stop pin is used to accurately locate workpieces. The stop pin is also adjustable side-to-side to allow for cutter clearance.
- Fits all milling machine vises with 1/2" - 7/8" thick jaws and 1/8" minimum protrusion.
- 1-1/8" wide body with 2 hardened steel guide pins and large #10 clamp screw are used to secure the unit to the vise jaw.
- 8-32 non-marring flat point set screws are used to secure stop rod.
- Body made from anodized aluminum.
- Protected by one or more US patents.
love this item, edge makes great, useful products
Works great Very good mill stop.
I found, with gentle use this jaw stop kept me accurate to a couple of ten-thousandths. I was purposefully abusive and slid the work to the stop with an addable smack sound. it moved twelve ten-thousandths. I'll be watching for change over time.
This little thing is a life saver for repeat setups. So helpful and it's really well made.
Great little stop for what I have used it for at my school shop. Fit the Kurt vise on the mills I've used with no problem. Its tiny but sturdy. Great addition to my tool box, perfect for small quick pieces. Would definitely recommended for fellow students and home hobbyists. Nice quality too, nothing wobbly or loose.
good product. just not what i needed.
perfect for making illegal bubble gum machines
Absolutely worth the price. Came nicely packaged and without the slightest scratch or anything. I know what you might be thinking "is aluminum really the best material to make this kind of stop out of? Won't it bow out?" no this holds quite well and I love how it locates on a pin rather than the face of the stop. Really a terrific product.