I am very impressed with the quality of this chuck and the rest of the tool. While the specs indicate it will close down to 1/32" it actually closes to zero. I have a number of drill chucks for machine tools, including a couple of Albrecht's from Germany. This item is as well made as any of them; better than most.
Tool Post Drill Chuck 41-000
The Tool Post Drill Chuck is designed to decrease the time it takes to drill a hole on the lathe. Peck drilling can be performed much faster since the drill bit is held at the tool post instead of the tailstock. Hole depths can also be monitored on the carriage DRO during the drilling process.
- Precision 1/32"-1/2" keyless drill chuck included.
- Fast and accurate procedure to align drill chuck with spindle. (see manual for details)
- Precision alignment pin magnetically held in body cavity for convenience.
- Mounts in any tool post tool holder.
- Larger mounting block available. (.630" x .700") See replacement parts category for info.
- Body made from high strength aluminum.
- Durable anodized finish.
Nice drill chuck, like the idea not having to use tail stock, but tail stock is always aligned.
Bought this for my Grizzly 10x22 lathe. Fits great