Pro Touch Off Gage 04-000
Set tools accurately with the Pro Touch Off Gage by Edge Technology. Dramatically decrease set up time and eliminate tool path mismatch. The Pro Touch Off Gage allows you to standardize the way tool offsets are measured in your shop, ensuring every job is setup the same way and runs without issue. To use this gage just lower the tool down onto the contact face until the indicator reads zero. At that point you can be confident that the tool tip is exactly 4 inches from the surface the Pro Touch Off Gage is sitting on.
- Accurately establishes tool length offsets for CNC milling machines.
- Large 1 in diameter contact face allows all flutes of the endmill to make contact eliminating issues caused by small variations in flute length.
- The contact face is lightly spring loaded to protect against overrun.
- The rectangular base and recessed indicator face allow it to fit between vise jaws on a pair of parallel bars. (competitor models with a round base are unable to do this)
- Stainless steel contact face.
- Offset height 4.000 in (101.6mm).
- Large 2.2" easy to read indicator face.
- Easy calibration check using 1-2-3 blocks.
- Gage graduations 0.001".
- Gage repeatability 0.0002".
- Body made from red anodized 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Padded case and manual included.
- Protected by one or more US patents.
I originally purchased the unit with small touch tip and hated it. I returned it and purchased the one with the large contact tip and absolutely loved it. I use it every day setting up tools and it has become my favorite tool. I use lots of small (1/6 and 1/32) carbide end mills and never broke one touching off the tools. I highly recommend it..
This gauge is extremely accurate. Has plenty of over travel in the times of accidental movement so it doesn't hurt anything. The big "pad" makes it handy for touching off bigger tools with various lengths. I use it everyday and have no regrets with this purchase. Worth every dollar!
Great quality product, has allowed me to speed up my production time greatly, would like a Automatic tool changer but can't afford one yet. This makes it much easier.