This device does what it says, I was able to trim my mini mill in 5 minutes.
Mini Pro Tram System 11-000
The Mini Pro Tram by Edge Technology has all the same great features of the full size Pro Tram but in a smaller package. The unit is perfectly sized for bench top and mini-mill machines.
- Square the head of a milling machine quickly and easily.
- To use the Mini Pro Tram simply lower unit to the table and adjust the head until both indicators read the same.
- Guaranteed to be equal to or better than any other tramming method or spindle squaring device available.
- Sized perfectly to fit smaller table top milling machines or cnc routers.
- Can be used with a sine bar or sine plate to adjust the head to precise angles.
- Calibration procedure accounts for any error introduced by worn collets.
- Indicator graduations 0.001".
- 1/4" shank size.
- Indicator repeatability of 0.0002”.
- Body made from red anodized aluminum.
- Includes calibration gage, manual and padded case.
- Protected by one or more US patents.
I live this. it works too well. now i know all the issues, with flex, movement, repeatability, out of square. I recommend this if you have a router based 1/4" spindle/collet on your cnc.
This thing is awesome. A little on the pricey but well worth. I can pretty much tram my spindle dead on with this thing.
I have a Shapeoko 3 XXL. I just recently tuned it up and got it dialed in. I tried surfacing my spoilboard and a piece of aluminum but I ended up with deep ridges all across the material. I tried tramming with my dial indicator in my spindle and a piece of mirror/glass leveled off of my spoilboard. That made an improvement but I still had noticeable ridges. I bit the bullet and purchased this tram. Once I learned how to use it, I had my spindle trammed in about 30 mins. I got the x axis to within .0005 square and the y axis .0015 square. This thing is awesome!!! I surfaced my spoilboard once again a and I have slight ghost lines but nothing that I can feel. One more thing, the customer service from Edge Technology is superb. I paid $112 plus shipping for the mini pro tram on Monday 2/4/19. As of Tuesday the price went down to $99. I shot them an email and asked if they did refunds on price decreases and sure enough they refunded the $12. So to sum it up, the tram works like a champ, it looks awesome, has a hefty feel to it. It has a good looking solid case with excellent protection and the customer service is outstanding. I would buy again and I recommend anyone considering this to pull the trigger!
Great tool to tram my CNC machine. The only issue I've had is one post is sticking after 1 use. I have not tried to contact the seller yet to find out what I need to do. I got my machine trammed and just haven't gotten to it. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. It doesn't hurt that it looks sharp too.