Probe stays on center
Indicator Holder (Clamp Mount) 43-000
The Indicator Holder by Edge Technology is a step above the rest. The smooth consistent resistance makes this tool a pleasure to use. Some other indicator holders use rods that can unintentionally be rotated during adjustment. Our design does not have any extra unnecessary movement of the indicator, it keeps the indicator tip on a plane that intersects the spindle axis at all times.
- Clamps to the spindle nose without the need to remove tooling from the collet. Fits spindle diameters 1.45” to 1.95”.
- Extra rigid design to eliminate the possibility of flex.
- Proprietary friction technology used to provide smooth consistent resistance.
- Designed to keep the indicator tip on a plane that intersects the spindle axis.
- Indicator clamp holds both dovetail and 5/32" post adapter.
- Mounts to 1.750" boss that is on most CAT 40 tool holders.
- Made from high strength aluminum.
- Durable red anodized finish.
- Patent Pending
only one negative, made in china.
Great addition to the tool box
High quality, looks cool.
Great device works well as advertised
Given the reviews of this and of Edge Technology products in general, I had higher expectations for this gadget. I purchased it from Shars. I believe it to be real, not a knock-off. However the package said "Made in China". Out of the box, it was immediately floppy at every joint except for one that was locked solid. It has no instructions, and a variety of set screws. Adjusting them made it move and stay approximately how I would have anticipated. However I am unsure if it is adjusted correctly and have no reference with which to tell. If you touch it while you're tramming, it will move a couple thou. You have to be very careful to only ever touch it by the clamp, and to be very gentle over the T-slots or edge of the table. Otherwise you will not get repeatable measurements. It basically works, but if it's not going to be properly adjusted out of the package, it should come with some torque specs or some instructions or something.
I started back in the 70's with a piece of 1/4 inch drill rod bent at an angle and have used a variety of indicator holders since. For the past 15 years or so with the indicol style as it was the best of what I had previously used. I like this better because it more or less centers your indicator point without the rotational possibilitiea of the old style holder. It also has a good reach it stretches out long and can fold up for closer work. If you have a knee mill you will like this I am sure.