Let’s face it the indicol has always been the best option. This is the first one that actually compares well to it. The main drawback it to tighten the dovetail to the indicator you have to pull out a tiny Allen wrench every single time s the indicol u just have a thumb screw which is waaay faster! You can modify it to have this it is worth it to do so it is just really poor choice not to include this? Other than that is operates great and is a great 2nd option to an indicol.
Indicator Holder (Clamp Mount) 43-000
The Indicator Holder by Edge Technology is a step above the rest. The smooth consistent resistance makes this tool a pleasure to use. Some other indicator holders use rods that can unintentionally be rotated during adjustment. Our design does not have any extra unnecessary movement of the indicator, it keeps the indicator tip on a plane that intersects the spindle axis at all times.
- The unit clamps to the spindle nose (1.875") without the need to remove tooling from the collet.
- Extra rigid design to eliminate the possibility of flex.
- Proprietary friction technology used to provide smooth consistent resistance.
- Designed to keep the indicator tip on a plane that intersects the spindle axis.
- Indicator clamp holds both dovetail and 5/32" post adapter.
- Mounts to 1.750" boss that is on most CAT 40 tool holders.
- Made from high strength aluminum.
- Durable red anodized finish.
- Patent Pending
Excellent holder. Joints have a good sticky motion which keeps it from creeping during readings. I have had the cheaper types of indicator holders and they would creep during use, throwing off your reading making it untrustworthy.
Only improvement I would make is an 1/8th hole so my Interapid indicator stem can be used.
There’s a lot of hype & marketing, but I can see why. It operates smoothly with the perfect amount of resistance and let’s face it, the red anodized color is a chick magnet. Unless you have the time and ability to make a custom thing that can compete, this is the one.
This is a very handy tool for a milling machine. I use it to aline parts and devices on the mill.
Pay the money, it's worth it.
This tool works exactly as it should! I’m glad I spent the few extra $ and bought this one instead of the cheaper version.
Just a little clunky to use, was a little disappointed. not as easy to use as the original make of this type of indicator holder.