The tool works exactly as needed and expected. Highly recommended if you know how to run a lathe.
Chuck Stop 30-000
The Chuck Stop by Edge Technology is designed to locate shorter parts beyond the chuck jaws to provide clearance for facing operations. The Chuck Stop uses different height parallel bars to achieve the required spacing. A centering plug is used to keep the unit centered to the ID of the chuck. Strong neodymium magnets secure it to the face of the chuck.
• Parallel bars are heat treated and surface ground to 0.0002" parallelism accuracy.
• Strong neodymium magnets secure the Chuck Stop to the chuck face.
• Chuck Spider made from high strength alloy.
• A centering plug fits the ID of the chuck and keeps the Chuck Stop centered.
• Included centering plug diameters are 1.4", 2.0", 2.5", 3.0", 3.5", and 4.0"
• The Chuck Stop is 6.0" in diameter.
• Designed for 3 jaw chucks only.
• For use on 6" diameter chucks and larger.
• Minimum stock diameter is 0.800"
Set includes the following:
- A case with 10 sets of parallel bars. Bar heights are 1/2" to 1-5/8" in 1/8" increments.
- One Chuck Spider with neodymium magnets
- 6 different size centering plugs
**Extra Chuck Spiders and Parallel Bars are available in the Replacement Parts section.**
Does what it claims to do and does it will. My measuring devices could not find an error in the 'width' of the spacing parallels, so you'd better clean the surface of the chuck since you won't be able to blame inaccuracy on the Stop. Nicely designed and those magnets are going to keep it in place as you chuck your work. The missing last half-star is caused by this: If the parallels had short 'tails' on them, those 'tails' could span over the center and allow use with very small diameter work. Is I remember, I was cutting some 3/4" diameter stock and that was close.