I bought this handle to facilitate quick set up of my 4" Kurt vise. I had to make an adapter to step up the 4" vise screw to a ¾" hex head. That was an easy task simply by welding a socket drive that fit the 4" vise screw to a sawed off ¾" bolt head.
2 Position Vise Handle 56-000, 57-000, 50-000
The 2 Position Vise Handle by Edge Technology is a great alternative to the standard handle that comes with most vises. Our handle is smaller, faster and much more ergonomic. It provides the correct amount of leverage for clamping most work pieces. It also has a thumb knob that allows the handle to stay locked to vise during machining operations.
• The center position of the handle allows the vise to be opened and closed rapidly.
• The outer position of the handle provides the correct amount of leverage for clamping most work pieces.
• 3/4" hex fits most 6” Kurt style vises and 9/16” hex fits most 4” Kurt style vises.
• Durable aluminum construction.
• Thumb knob allows the unit to stay locked to the vise during machining operations.
• Strong Neodymium magnet on backside of body allows unit to hang from any metal surface.
It works as advertised. I didn't note that the handle is a continuous part of the lever/crank. I wasn't sure about it at first but now I have a sense that the handle won't randomly come apart or just brake. While it's solid, I wouldn't recommend wailing with a hammer all day.
Very handy speed handle for my mill vice.
Works better than expected! I would recommend this tool!!
Made in China. I would have liked to know that before I ordered. I felt duped when I got them. They like a decent product for the price. The hex holes had sharp edges. We'll have to see how they hold up. I have no idea what they're made of. It's hard to tell what you'll get from China.
Thumb screw is junk and doesn't hold tightly at all. I drilled and tapped out those holes and put in 1/4-20 set screws. Other than that it works perfect and is a great value.
Why I kept reaching for that swivel-handle 'wrench' for years, all to save a Jackson is a mystery to me. Pay the money, put it on your vice and toss that 'thing'.
Big Time saver. You won't be disappointed. Well made. Remove the thumb screw. It gets in the way.